Tsakos Energy Navigation: Analysts’ Estimates for 4Q17 Results
Tsakos Energy Navigation (TNP) will release its 4Q17 results on March 12, 2018. Among its peers, it’s one of the last companies to release its 4Q17 earnings.
Interested in EURN? Don't miss the next report.
Receive e-mail alerts for new research on EURN
Recap of 3Q17
- Tsakos Energy Navigation reported EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization) of $163 million and net income of $17.7 million for the first nine months of 2017.
- The average time charter rate per vessel for the first nine months of 2017 was $19,141.
- It had a fleet utilization of 96.4%.
- Its total contracted revenue was $1.3 billion, excluding profit sharing.
- It had cash liquidity of $226 million as of September 30, 2017.
Tsakos Energy Navigation stock reached a 52-week low of $3.12 on February 9, 2018. Since the beginning of the year, the stock has fallen 12.5% as of March 6, 2018. The following are the YTD (year-to-date) stock returns of Tsakos Energy Navigation’s peers:
- Nordic American Tankers (NAT): fell 8.9%
- Teekay Tankers (TNK): fell 15%
- Euronav (EURN): fell 6.4%
- DHT Holdings (DHT): rose 3.3%
- Navios Maritime Midstream Partners (NAP): rose 0.74%
- Gener8 Maritime Partners (GNRT): fell 9.4%
Shipping companies account for 19.7% of the Guggenheim Shipping ETF (SEA). SEA has fallen 6% YTD. If you’re interested in broad exposure to the industrials sector, you can invest in the SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (DIA).
In this series, we’ll take a look at what analysts expect from Tsakos Energy Navigation’s 4Q17 results. We’ll look at its 4Q17 revenue and EBITDA estimates, as well as analysts’ recommendations.